Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jibber Jabber



I just love my son so much. Every day, I love him more. However, we're getting to a point in his communication skills where it's becoming frustrating for us both. For example, earlier this afternoon he wanted to go out on our back patio to play, but he wanted two cars to play with. He kept repeating the same words over and over again and I kept saying, "I don't understand, what cars do you want??" and the process repeated itself for 10 minutes. He was frustrated I couldn't understand him and I was frustrated I couldn't help him out. He was apparently looking for two particular cars, I just didn't know which ones they were.
We're at the stage where he just REPEATS and repeats. He actually speaks very clearly most of the time but if you can't figure out what he's saying, he doesn't know what else to do but keep repeating the same words. It's cute, MOST of the time, ha!

No comments: