Thursday, February 16, 2012

Brody is here!!


Stats: Brody O'Neill Ackerman
7 lbs 11 oz.
21 in long
Born at 8:29, Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
Cuter than you can even imagine.

I haven't had the chance to take the photos off of our camera, so hopefully I can do that soon and get some good photos of him on here. But to put it concisely, he's a doll. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but so far, he's amazing. He sleeps like a rock star, eats like a champ, likes to cuddle, smiled (for real smiled) at 6 days old, and only cries when hungry or getting his diaper changed. I feel like this is my first time being a mom because it's so different from Brennan and for the first time, I'm really bonding with my newborn and loving being a mom to a baby. I cherish him so much, even in the middle of the night, I cuddle and love on him. With Brennan, I felt like I was in a fog, was constantly tired, and would've handed him to the first person who showed up at the door. With Brody, I would rather sit and cuddle with him than do anything else. Anything.

All that to say, we are grateful to God. Grateful for a good delivery, grateful that my water broke and I went into labor (instead of last time), grateful he's a good nurser, grateful I am healing well, and grateful that I'm no longer pregnant! Woohoo!! Those last 3 weeks were a doozy. I hope to tell the birth story soon, especially so I don't forget any of it!

Prayer works. And this delivery and recovery was covered in prayer and for that I am thankful. Thank you guys!


5 comments:

Erin Zubert said...

I am so excited to meet the little man!

Laine said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to see more pictures! I'm so happy everything is going so well for you! Can't wait to read your birth story!!

Jamie Bretveld said...

Congratulations you guys! Glad everything is going well. What a difference a content baby makes!! Enjoy!

mariam said...

yay!!! I'm so happy to hear that you are on cloud 9 with baby Brody! That's exactly how I felt when Caleb was born! It's the best feeling in the world...enjoy every minute (like you already are!) xoxo PS...what a cutie!!!

Jennifer said...

What day was he born?