Monday, October 3, 2011

In Which I Have a New Favorite Band

Friday night Jon and I met up with some of our favorite people at the House of Blues downtown Houston for a concert.


John Mark McMillan, Chris August, Gungor and David Crowder on the 7 Tour. We bought early admission tickets so we had a great view, about 3 rows back. However, it was standing room only.

First up was John Mark McMillan, the artist who wrote "How He Loves Us" that the David Crowder band re-made. I thought he did great. (sorry, no photo!). Next up was Chris August and then Gungor.

Gungor was AMAZING. In fact, I'm online buying their album as we speak. I've been playing the Gungor playlist on Pandora the last few weeks trying to learn their music. Because it's sooo good. The cellist on the right was incredible, he could beat box and rock the cello all that the same time. New Favorite Band.



Last up was DC* Band.

Of course, they were great. But by their fifth song in, my feet were killing me. I'm a wimp and I'm preggo, what can I say. So we left a little before the end of the concert, but still I'm so glad we went.

Halfway through the concert I slowly made my way through the crowd to the bathroom because I had to GO. But making it back to Jon was super hard, people just weren't paying attention and it was PACKED. I texted Jon that I didn't think I was going to make it back to him and he told me to "use my belly" to get through. Ha!

No comments: