Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Doodler


Whenever Jon is away for an extended period of time (conferences, trips, side business, etc.) I splurge and buy Brennan a toy. We don't normally buy him toys, like, ever. But about two trips ago, I decided it was necessary. :) Mainly for me. And since yesterday was one of the longest parenting days I've had with him in a long time, we took the plunge.

So I took him to Target and let him peruse the aisles but then the "I want that, and that, and that" started and I was done with it. So I made the decision and bought him a doodler.

And although it's not his very favorite thing to do (i.e. watch PB), I think he's a fan. And mama's a fan if it allows me 5 minutes to unload the dishwasher or pee. And since we're working on recognizing our shapes, I can draw all sorts of different shapes and he can practice telling me what they are.


(and yes, he's wearing underwear)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, he looks like such a big kid in the bottom pic! So cute!!

Chaeli said...

OH thank God I got a comment!! Thanks Katie! :)

Meaghan said...

oh to doodle in my underwear. life is good for B :)

Trisha said...

Hope you're making it without Jon! You are super woman! I would be a mess without Justin. I was just thinking of getting a doodler for the kids for Christmas. Looks like it's a hit!