Monday, May 30, 2011

Quick weekend home

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I just got back from an awesome (but too quick) weekend in Michigan with my family hosting Catherine's wedding shower. Here is the quick run down:
I had the worst travel day ever, but made (miraculously) both flights and arrived in Detroit around noon on Friday. If I ever recover, I'll blog about what happened.
Meg, Catherine and my mom picked me up from the airport and we went out to lunch and did some super fun shopping at Meg's favorite store, Trader Joe's. I love those women. Then we headed to my parents house, ate dinner, made our pom pom flowers and mom and I got to work baking and cooking for the shower.
Saturday, my dad took us out for breakfast and then we got to work at the church finishing the food preparation and decorating. Mad props go to dad who put up all our cute little Martha Stewart homemade pom pom flowers:


Our centerpieces were mason jars filled with fresh flowers, with ribbon and raffia tied around the middle and paper from the paper source.



Our menu was mini brownies with piped dyed frosting, mini cheesecake squares, cheesecake balls (Kym, those were amazing), truffles, lemon bars, a fresh fruit platter and a yummy salad with gorgonzola cheese, homemade candied walnuts, homemade poppyseed dressing and cranberries. YUM. We also had homemade lemonade and sparking flavored water for drinks.

Here's the pretty bride-to-be opening up gifts (with her helper, Kaitlin):


After the shower, I ran home to see my brothers really fast before they headed back to Lansing for a wedding they were both in. I'm bummed I wasn't able to see more of my family, but I knew it was going to be a short weekend.

Sunday, we all ate breakfast together and then mom drove me to the airport where I had a very smooth and uneventful flight home. Thank you Jesus. I'm pretty sure I'm going my skin will break-out for the next month due the Friday flight stress. Greeaaat.

Oh, and here's my latest bread baking success (from this book), straight up white sandwich bread:


P.S. HI again to Aunt Sue and Sarah! :)

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

Was so great to catch up with you Chaeli. Glad to hear you had a safe trip back to TX. See you guys at the wedding in Aug!

Zach and Sarah said...

That bread looks DEEEEEElicious! So glad I got to see you too!