Friday, April 1, 2011

Bread



So I recently got the book, "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" out of the library and it's been rockin' my world! The basic premise is that making fresh, homemade bread everyday is doable and should not take up hours of your time. It takes about 15 minutes to make the initial dough, but you keep that dough in your fridge (for up to 14 days) and tear off a small 1 lb portion every time you want to make a loaf and bake it.




My goal is to bake my way through this book (and run 25 miles a day to make up for the calorie influx). I'll try to keep track of my progress here on the ol' blogger. I'm excited!! I started with the boule (see photo above) and it turned out really yummy! There's flatbreads and naam (ohhh, who doesn't love naan), pitas, challah, bagels, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my word - this is my kind of cook book. can you let me know the ones that turn out great?

hope you are having fun with your mom! love reading your blog a month at a time! Ha! Brennan is sooo stinkin' cute. you need to run some errands and leave him with me. : )

cathi