Monday, January 17, 2011

PSA


This is a public service announcement to PLEASE turn off your computer and stop whatever else you are doing and READ THIS BOOK!!

Jon and I have done a lot of reading while on our fast and I just finished this book last night. It was awesome. To summarize, it's the true story of an older white man (who is a very successful art dealer) who meets a homeless black man on the streets of Ft. Worth, Texas. Half the book is written by the art dealer (Ron), the other half by the homeless man (Denver). It spoked to me, encouraged me, made me cry, made me laugh, seriously, read it.

Ok, bye now.

Oh, P.S. don't look at the photos in the middle of the book until you finish it, it gives too much away!

6 comments:

Trisha said...

I read this in ONE day! I couldn't sleep one morning (crazy!) so I started reading it. Then I sent Justin and O outside to play and I finished it up while Liv played and napped. I LOVED IT!! What a wonderful story of God's timing, and a call to action for all of us!

Chaeli said...

Trish, I feel ya!! I could NOT put it down. I want to re-read it, lots of nuggets of great wisdom.
Looking forward to our phone date!

Suzanne said...

How funny! I wrote a blog post about this book too, Chaeli! It just really gets ya, doesn't it? Glad you read it. :)

This was my post..

http://suzannebrandsen.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/book-review/

Also thanks for the sweet email this morning. :)

Love ya!

Jennifer said...

I was going to ask you for the name of the book again, so I'm glad you did a post on it. I'll have to check it out.

Chaeli said...

Suz, I had no idea, I need to get back to reading your blog!! Just got your card in the mail, I love your New Years cards!!

Meaghan said...

totally just read it over break and left it at home for mom to read!