Sunday, November 21, 2010



The Groobs shoe drop in downtown Houston went great on Friday night! Here's Jon multi-tasking the night away:

I'm glad we brought Brennan, some of the homeless never see little kiddos so they loved him.

Yesterday Jon watched B so I could meet a friend for coffee. After Brennan's nap, a sweet friend of ours snapped some quick photos of us for our Christmas cards. Then we headed out for a going away party for some friends that are moving to Argentina. I spent the rest of the night watching Gilmore Girls in bed. I'm addicted.

Anyone had experience painting in a rental house/apartment? We/I want to paint a wall in our living room but we have to paint it back white before we move out. I think it's worth the effort even though it's not a long term thing because I really want to warm that room up. But we're also worried that we wont get it back to the same white as the other walls and will get charged some of our security money. We know what color paint is on these walls but each batch of paint comes up a tiny bit different. Any advice?

6 comments:

Lacey said...

We painted one of our apartments (and I'm talking chocolate brown and deep red), and we were able to paint it back to white before we left. I'm a little fuzzy on how much work it was, because it was a long time ago (when Grace was a baby). But I know they didn't take any of our security deposit.

Are you able to speak with your landlord about it before you do it, just to clarify what exactly they would want you to do, or what would cause them to keep some of your deposit?

I gotta tell you, I was at a friends' house the other day, and her bathroom was a deep orange, and it was so WARM and wonderful. It made me want to run out and buy some paint for my bathroom.

Chaeli said...

I do need to call her! She's fine with us painting as long as we paint it back to the white color it is right now. We aren't going to do a dark color so it will be easier to paint back. I think we're hesitant to do anything because we've lost so much money on our Lansing house we're gun shy about everything!

Katie said...

I think you should do it. You can always pick an "easy" wall without much stuff to paint around, that way, painting it back while won't take too much time or effort...

Jennifer said...

When you have to paint the wall white again, I think if you use a primer first, you should be able to get it back to the same color.

Chaeli said...

Update!!
I called our landlord today and she was fine with us painting, even told us we might be able to keep it that color if she likes it. Yay!

Meaghan said...

favorite quote: "I/We want to paint..." haha, which is it? ;) kidding. not a sore spot. i say do it bc we CANNOT paint and i haaate it! live a little ;)