Friday, November 19, 2010

Groobs dudes




Every fall at The Met we have a series called, "The Big Give". Different ministires are highlighted and money is raised to help different organizations out, etc. (side note, why do I have this blog? I am THEE worst at explaining things, especially when I write it out. So sorry if you hardly have a clue what I'm talking about). Anyways, last year (year before that? not sure. . .) during the Big Give, a guy saw a video about kids who had no shoes. At all. And he decided to do something about it. Tom's Shoes is an organization whereby you buy a pair of shoes and they give one away. This man decided to do one better and started his own shoe company, Groobs. Through Groobs, you buy a pair of shoes, he gives one away AND gives 50% of the profits away to the charity of your choice. Check it out here (perhaps add one to your Christmas list, hmmm?).

All that to say, tonight Jon is heading downtown Houston where some college students will be giving away 250 Groobs to the homeless of Houston. He's going to be shooting some footage and photographs to get some b roll (how do you like that, honey?). We decided to go as a family and take Brennan as well so it'll be interesting! I think Jon's putting B in a backpack while shooting with his video camera, we'll see! I am so proud of my husband and what he does for a living. Statistics show that people remember 10% of the spoken word and 85% of what they see. Videos are so impactful! He's a rockstar and I'm grateful to be along for the ride. I haven't been able to be with him during his shoots since we've had the little man so I'm excited for tonight.

Pssst, if you want to see more videos from The Met, click on this vimeo link.

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

you two are cool :) great ideas, love 'em! go groobs!