Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our weekend:

I went to C3 last night at The Met- a women's night full of coffee, calories and conversation. Such good stories, gorgeous decorating, I loved it!

This morning we went to a local farmer's market and then Jon and Brennan washed the cars:



(please note Brennan in the driveway trying to take off down the sidewalk. There's a pinwheel about four houses down and every.single.time we go outside he wants to walk down to see it).


Anndd. . . Medifast! Thank you to everyone who called or texted to see how I was doing this week- I truly appreciate it! I would say that Monday by far has been the hardest day for me. I felt lightheaded and super hungry in the afternoon. But honestly, the rest of the week has been kind of easy! I hope it's working, (it BETTER be working). Our scale was a piece o' crap so when I weighed myself at the beginning of the week it wasn't really accurate. I'm not sure how much weight I've lost so far. Jon is the best husband in the WORLD and surprised me with a new scale yesterday after work. He said it was the only time in our lives he could buy me a scale and I'd be happy about it. Ha! Now I can actually keep track of my progress!

So some of you were asking about the program and whether or not I liked it. . . Here's my thoughts: I like the fact that I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat (except the one lean and green meal). I also like the fact that a lot of the food I ordered kind of tastes like chocolate (I mean, it's not the real thing, so let's be honest). But the chocolate shake and chocolate granola bars I think are good! I am worried that I'm going to get sick of the food- but I did order a large variety so maybe not? It does cost money, which honestly, I'm HAPPY about because knowing I made an investment makes me want to stick to it. Is it hard? Yes. I wanted a cupcake last night so bad. And peanut butter toast this morning. And a Mocha Frapp this afternoon (I love those wonderful chocolately/coffee deliciousness). So far I've yet to eat even one thing off the plan, so that's encouraging. I'll try to use my blog to update my (hopeful) progress.

It is GORGEOUS weather here right now- so we're off to a BBQ with some friends. You all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

dad O said...

Hi Chaelita. Glad you're doing well on the medifast plan.
We enjoyed the pictures of B and the family.
Grandpa McMahon asked how our Houston trip went. We hope he'll come out to Grass Lake soon.
The Ladies tea went well.
Talk to you soon.