Monday, February 22, 2010

I just got back from the zoo- it was a great day!! We went with some other staff wives from the Met. It was chilly at first, but we bundled up and of course, as we were about to leave, the sun came out and warmed us all up. Brennan did GREAT (thank you Jesus!). I have flashbacks of our life six months ago and sometimes break into a sweat when I take him on all day trips with no naps! We threw our friend, Jennifer, a surprise birthday party for her one year old, Noah. So fun!! Noah and Brennan were born one day apart, but really, it was a matter of hours because Noah was born around 5:00PM and Brennan around 1:00AM! It was fun to watch the two boys interact!

Our weekend was pretty low key which we needed. I spent Saturday morning at our apartment- cleaning it from top to bottom while Jon watched Brennan. Luckily I had a sonic diet coke with cherry flavoring to get me through. :) whew. We had our friends, the Schurrmann's over for dinner- our first guests at our new house! We love the Schurrmanns! Without Cathi, I'd probably know like two people in Houston. Sunday we went to church, grocery shopped, organized more of the house and went for a family run. I swallowed a gnat during the run and it totally reminded me of Camp Barakel and the crazy gnats there.

One more thing- one of my good friends in Houston just started blogging- check it out here. Her and I have really clicked and I'm thankful for her! She has a consulting company- consulting for girls ministry programs. Anywhere from tweens to college- and her heart for her ministry is completely evident. Anyways, she's been a blessing to me- and thankfully, our new house is across the highway from hers- how cool is that? And she unpacked my kitchen for me which is even better, ha!

Ok, it's 6:00 and I'm starving for dinner. Too bad I still have to make it. Adios!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So glad y'all had fun at the Zoo. It turned out to be a wonderful day.

You and Jon are such a blessing to me and Justin. Love y'all dearly...so stinking glad you are close!!! Love you guys!