Saturday, December 5, 2009

Connor and Brennan
Well, our baby boy had his 9 month well child check up and he's a healthy little boy! He's 50% for height, weight and head circumference. yay!! (I was blessed, his head was only in the 13% percentile when born!!!) He feels incredibly heavy to me but apparently I'm just a wimp and need to start lifting weights. He's 20 lbs, and lugging him around gets me tired FAST!

We had our first visit from the great north last night- my cousin Connor! He was down visiting Dallas Theological Seminary and a friend of his that lives in Houston. He was great with Brennan and B loved him because he had technology (see above camera of Brennan eating his camera).

TheMet is going through a series called The Big Give right now. It's focus is on giving towards those in need (time, talent, treasures) during this holiday season- rather than focusing on presents and ourselves. The entire church went on a bean and rice diet for this week- the goal being to use the money that would have been spent on groceries towards the Big Give and so we as a church could relate to the diet many many people eat. Let me tell you- it was hard for me- I HATE beans! But we did- we did it all week long except Friday night when Con man was here.

Tonight were headed to an interesting excursion in our neighborhood, I'll definitely post photos of it! Got to run!

And P.S. A huge CONGRATS to my sister Meaghan who took the LSAT this morning and to my brother Andy who closed on his first house/mansion yesterday!

3 comments:

C said...

Completely unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to thank you and Erin for that cookie recipe from a while back:) I made them a couple weeks ago, and they are so good!
I make cookies from a cake mix pretty often, but not with Cool Whip, which made them so good.
I told Jay about it, and he said "Can you put white chocolate chips in like you do the other ones you make? And coconut?" and I said "I can put white chocolate chips in them and roll them in coconut!" Oh the goodness:)

Erin Zubert said...

Glad I could share the goodness!

Chaeli said...

Cara- that's awesome! I JUST made them last week and they were oh so good!
Thanks Erin!