Friday, August 15, 2008

We Have An Announcement. . . .


After six pregnancy tests, we can confirm, WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!

Yep, it's true! :) We finally are finishing up our first trimester and heard the baby's heartbeat this morning. We've been waiting to spill the beans and both told our co-workers this afternoon!

Here's the low-down. . . I have been so extremely fickle when it comes to having a child. I love my job- am very content with our lives right now and it was a really scary jump for me. I actually told Jon I was ready to start trying at Christmas, and then freaked out! After much prayer and anxiousness, we decided to jump off the cliff into the land of the unknown and stop- stopping it. We were pregnant three months later in June!! The story of how we found out we were pregnant is kind of crazy too, but we'll save that for another day.

We told Jon's parents at a restaurant in Kalamazoo. . . here's their reaction:


We told my parents the next weekend before my dad's 50th birthday party. We got him a book called "My Grandpa is Great" thinking he'd get the hint. . . but he didn't. (He's sitting in the new office chair my mom bought him). Watch on. . .


Untitled from Jon Ackerman on Vimeo.



We had the Bishop's and Braam's over for a BBQ one night and had a blast telling them:


Besides our family, we told our closest friends and small group. Our small group surprised us with a little celebratory party:

It's been a pretty crappy first trimester if I'm going to be honest. I've been sick from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. I found out I actually lost weight this morning at the doctors! But we are happy to be past the first scary weeks and are looking forward to feeling better! My hubby is amazing and has been grocery shopping for us and cooking. He's the best.

Oh, we'll leave with a great video of the heartbeat this morning!!!!


Baby Ackerman's Heart beating strong from Jon Ackerman on Vimeo.



11 comments:

Erin Morgan said...

Congrats Ackermans!! How exciting!! Chaeli, you're face in the video is the funniest!! Jon, should make a still shot out of it! Second of all, I felt the same way you did before we got pregnant. And even after I had Finnegan. There are even days I miss working. But like that Shane song says... Just ask God to change your heart, and he will also change your mind in time :)

Congrats again! Babies are such blessings, and we support you all the way!

Amy said...

Congratulations!! I came to your blog because of a posting on Jon's profile on Facebook. Chaeli, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well but I hope it gets better now that you're nearing the end of your first trimester. I'm just so excited for you both! Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so amazing, isn't it? What a blessing! You're in our prayers.

Jim & Wendy said...

Oooh man. I just watched that video of you telling your parents... I am sitting here bawling and laughing out loud... soo funny and so sweet.

Love the heartbeat... it's so real now, right?

The Feitl Family said...

Wow! This is so exciting! We love the videos. We think about you guys all the time.

Trisha said...

Yea!!!! I've been so scared that I was accidentally going to leave a comment about being a mommy on your blog or facebook !!

We are so thrilled for both of you! You will look forward to hearing that little heartbeat every month. Isn't it amazing that even though you can't feel him/her yet, he/she is alive and moving and growing.

Being a mommy is wonderful--tiring, but wonderful :) Hang in there. I pray your next few weeks you don't feel so yucky. Then the fun part comes--finding out if its a boy or a girl.

I loved the video of your family! Too fun :)

I wish we were there to celebrate in person :(
Love,
Trisha

Courtney said...

I love the video of Uncle Joe and Aunt Elaine! That is sooo funny! It captures all y'all to a T! Congrats again!

josh and michele said...

ha! I second Wendy...just cried and laughed at the same time...what a great video. We are so so excited for you two (three). And I'm glad to have some prego company.
love you.

Laine said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I cant wait to see you with a preggo belly (you'll be so cute!) and then to see you as a mom,so cool! And our kids are only going to be a few months apart, yay! I tried calling you last night after the boys went to bed but no luck. Maybe I'll try again tonight. I want to hear about how you found out and when your due date is and all that!

Unknown said...

chaelita! soo glad the news is out for everyone. i cant wait to be an aunt!!! that is GREAT that jon captured that on film 'i dont believe you' haha, typical! i hope you start feeling Much better!! thanks for continuing to blog, now you'll always have updates (bump watch, baby pics, etc!!). love you, meg

C said...

Yay!!! So excited for you:)
I totally understand your feelings -- we tried to get pregnant for 2 years, and when it happened there were still definitely some "Oh my gosh, what have we done?" moments:)
Eventually, it feels just perfectly right...
~ Cara

Lacey Rumley said...

That video of you telling your parents is hilarious! It is the epitome of what I remember from the couple of times I was able to visit your parents' house! I love it! And CONGRATS! I'm excited for you to begin the adventure called parenthood! : - )