Friday, August 1, 2008

My healer, and why crying at work can be a good thing...

Just so we are all clear: this is Jon...
So it isn't often that I can sit in my office, listen to a song and cry at the drop of hat. If you know me at all, you know that I can sometimes be an emotional guy, not in a sappy way, but when I hear a story that moves my soul I often cry. At work we listen to more music than you can shake a stick at and often that means that most songs get lost in the shuffle between Coldplay and stock music as we are picking it out for a video we are producing. Very few songs get stuck in my head but this song has stuck and will stick with me for the rest of my life. If you haven't heard this song, get ready to be rocked. You first need to watch this video and post your comments here in this blog.

What hit me this morning was how often this song has come up in the past two weeks. On my morning blog checking excursion I found three different blogs that had listed this song and how it has moved them. Which was a surprise to me!

So it's a typical Friday morning with almost no-one here at the church (I counted a total of 4 cars in the parking lot this morning). I am waiting on a project to finish exporting so that I can finish the videos for this weekends service and decided to listen to "Healer". Then I found this website. In my line of work story is it, period. If there isn't a story to be told, don't bother talking about it. So as I listen to the song, and watched the video, it finally hit me: there are things from the superficial wounds to the ones that reach so far down into the depths of my soul where it can only be God that has healed me. I guess that's why this song was so moving this morning. I finally got it...

No comments: